Osmosis

 While dive-cleaning mizar at the buoy I have noticed at least 3 blister as big as a 2 euro coin. when mizar came out of the water I have realised it wasn't a matter of 3/4 blisters but hundreds. Apparently, at some point of her life, previous owners have already treated her and you can clearly see the grey fillings of old blisters.

I have never came across it in my life but everybody is scared about osmosis especially those who don't know much about it. ...the more I acknowledge the matter the less I fear it.
Due to fiberglass thickness with a good dryout and a good epoxy treatment it should be ok.... in the future the boat will need attention and some time out of the water at least every 2 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally the hull is dry - It's Epoxy time

When I have started this project (september '17) I thought i was going to be sailing in March. well...that was not the case. it's b...