Engine supports

Having to instal a different inboard engine I had to take a lot of measures and adapt the rails so that the new (1972) engine could be placed.

I must say even though I took every possible measure and spent endless hours on it it still felt like a total guess. In the end it worked!
The new engine is longer so i needed to move forward the 2 steel rails (luckily someone placed those before me on top of the fiberglass mounts),

I had to get the iron worker to build some steel that would support at 45 degrees the tip of the rails that is no longer touching the fiberglass.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally the hull is dry - It's Epoxy time

When I have started this project (september '17) I thought i was going to be sailing in March. well...that was not the case. it's b...